Join the Adsys Controls team where you can work with the best, accelerate your career, address complex challenges and grow professionally and personally.
At Adsys Controls, you will provide solutions for precision control systems, advanced optical perception systems, high energy lasers, and unmanned aerial systems for government and commercial markets.
Title: Test Engineer
Type of Job: Full-Time, Exempt
Work Location: Irvine, CA
Experience Level: 1-5 years total experience
Clearance Type: US Citizenship Required. Ability to obtain a security clearance required.
We are searching for a Test Engineer with 2-5 years of experience. As part of a diverse team, you will develop, manage and execute test plans and procedures. You will develop test methods, test support equipment and test procedures to efficiently complete integrated system testing for our major product lines: high-energy lasers, complex multi-spectral imaging sensors and autonomous/robotic systems. You will be coordinating and directing the testing through development, prototyping and production. This is a hands-on testing job and you will have ownership of electrical, mechanical, optical and other systems. You must be able to operate independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly technical environment and work on multiple concurrent, cross-functional projects. You must be a high energy, self-starter, with strong desire to bring success to assigned projects and other opportunities necessary to realize company growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop test methods, test support equipment and test procedures to efficiently complete integrated system testing.
- Design and build test fixtures.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug testing scripts and software.
- Integrate and test precision electro-optical assemblies.
- Perform unit and system testing, analyze test data and create test reports.
- Support material acquisition.
- Provide postproduction support
- Interface with hardware and software design and development teams.
- Assist with technical mentorship, goal setting, and related developmental activities.
- Assist with the hiring and training new team members.
Requirements and Qualifications
- B.S. or MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related STEM field from an accredited university. MS is a plus.
- 2-5 yrs experience with at least 2 years in test.
- Experience with prototyping/testing/manufacturing precision optical systems or mechanisms.
- Experience with developing systems engineering process for integration and test.
- Capable of writing detailed test procedures.
- Capable of learning new systems quickly.
- Able to read and follow procedures and flow diagram.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems in a systematic and timely manner, drawing correct and realistic conclusions based on data and information, and accurately assessing the root cause before moving to a solution.
- Demonstrated understanding of electronic hardware, real-time computing platforms including single board computers and microcontrollers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experience programming using C/C++ and Python; Experience with SolidWorks CAD.
- Familiarity with scripting languages for test automation (e.g. Python, Labview).
- Experience developing on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Experience using version control systems such as Subversion or Git.
- Experience as a task lead with responsibility over technical direction, project planning, and project execution for a 2-4 person team.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and communicate project status, issues and requirements efficiently.
- Demonstrated self-starter – proactive in determining goals and objectives and pursuing the necessary course of action.
- Proficiency in working both autonomously and within a team environment.
- Be comfortable in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with Agile Development is a plus.
- Experience on DoD programs and related processes and requirements is a plus
What you can expect:
Leading-edge Innovation: From photons to final products and effects, you will work to solve the most complex challenges for our tech industry customers and internally developed products.
Building Foundational Values: As a startup undergoing rapid growth, we want you to participate in shaping our culture and creating a fast-paced environment based on tight knit teams. You will be an integral part of building our culture of integrity, teamwork and excellence.
Cross-functional Development with Meaningful Work: Our small team format and diverse programs provide the opportunity to wear many hats. You will develop a comprehensive set of skills and help build our teams for the future.
Your Wellbeing is a Top Priority: Our competitive pay, flexible schedules, and comprehensive benefits enable you to truly live both inside and outside of work.
A Place To Be Your Best: You will be exposed to new and challenging cross-functional areas in a unique way. You will operate from the system leveldown to the component level to deliver functional systems to the warfighter and advance commercial autonomous systems.
Advanced Technologies with Purpose: Whether it be high energy lasers, autonomous systems or advanced visual perception solutions, you will directly impact the safety and security of our nation. Not only are we aiding the American warfighter, but we are focused on transitioning our technologies to commercial products for a better world.
Commitment to Exploration: We foster innovation, growth and leadership to fuel human curiosity and go beyond today’s horizons. You will be contributing to America’s world status through innovative technologies and future solutions. Join us in the journey.
What it takes to be a successful Adsys Controls employee:
At Adsys Controls we love hard problems. We engage in respectful debate and develop great solutions from these discussions
- Team oriented
At Adsys Controls, we are a small but mighty team. Every member contributes, learns, and grows together. Your contribution is critical to the success of our team.
At Adsys Controls, our team members take initiative, anticipate problems and drive solutions. Staff are encouraged to take ownership, deliver work of the highest quality, and drive communication with peers and management.
At Adsys Controls, we are a research and development, prototyping and product development organization and we love to drive new ideas. We explore new solutions to customer problems and synthesize effective solutions.
- Dogged Problem Solver
At Adsys Controls we love to be challenged and we persevere to see our innovations through to completion. For the Adsys Controls team, the best problems start with “Nobody knows how to do that”. At Adsys Controls we provide solutions to the previously unsolvable.
- Systems Oriented
At Adsys Controls, we start with the objective and build the system to overcome our customer’s toughest obstacle.
- Exceed expectations
At Adsys Controls, we want our customers to say “Wow!” We want to break new ground and exceed expectations for our customer.
Broad selection of Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(K)/RETIREMENT PLANS
Our 401(k) plan features 3% company contributions without vesting schedules.
- PERFORMANCE BASED BONUS SYSTEM
Provide incentive to our staff with generous allocations for staff performance bonuses.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement, career-building programs and advanced degrees.
- MATERNITY LEAVE
Family leave provided in accordance with the family medical leave act. When you return to work, we do our best to support your transition and work/life balance.
- PAID TIME OFF
We offer PTO, paid holidays and personal days and sick leave.
We offer flexible work schedules.
We provide products and services for electro-optical systems, directed energy, unmanned aerial systems, and test systems within military and commercial markets. We deliver solutions leveraging precision control systems, image processing, GN&C, electronics design, modeling & simulation and embedded real time software. From High Energy Laser weapons, to visual perception modules, to threat warning systems to aircraft autopilots, Adsys Controls provides state of the art solutions for sensing, controls and autonomy.
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Adsys Controls is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
Adsys Controls is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.