Join the Adsys Controls team where you can work with the best, accelerate your career, address complex challenges and grow professionally and personally.
At Adsys Controls, you will provide solutions for precision control systems, advanced optical perception systems, high energy lasers, and unmanned aerial systems for government and commercial markets.
Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Type of Job: Full-Time, Exempt
Work Location: Irvine, CA
Experience Level: 5+ years total experience
Clearance Type: US Citizenship Required. Ability to obtain a security clearance required.
Senior Mechanical Engineer to conceptualize, design, analyze, test and validate opto-mechanical structures and mechanisms for high-energy laser and complex multi-spectral imaging systems used in challenging dynamic environments. In this position you will be responsible for product development process including requirements development, analysis, design, documentation, supplier management, manufacturing, and validation. Perform hands-on assembly, integration, and qualification of in-house designs. You should be comfortable operating independently and with minimal direct supervision in a fast paced and highly technical environment. You should be comfortable working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams on multiple concurrent, cross-functional projects. You must be a high energy self-starter, with strong desire to bring success to assigned projects and other opportunities necessary to realize company growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and integrate complex electro-mechanical and optical systems with challenging packaging constraints.
- Complete mechanical design and analysis using SolidWorks CAD.
- Complete structural, dynamic (modal, shock/vibration), and thermal analysis
- Apply systems engineering principles including requirements generation, flowdown, and validation.
- Develop design documentation for prototypes and production products.
- Support proposals and pursuit of follow-on opportunities.
- Assist with technical mentorship, performance assessment, goal setting, and related developmental activities.
- Assist with the hiring and training new team members.
Requirements and Qualifications
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related STEM field from an accredited university with 5+ years relevant experience (MS Preferred).
- Proficiency with SolidWorks CAD for mechanical design and analysis.
- Experience designing and integrating complex electro-mechanical and/or optical systems with challenging packaging constraints.
- Strong understanding of systems engineering.
- Experience as a project lead with responsibility over technical direction, project planning, and project execution for a small team.
- Experience on DoD programs and related processes and requirements.
- Experience with MIL-STD-810 or DO-160 requirements and associated testing a plus.
- Experience with various materials (metal alloys, glass, and plastics) and the related manufacturing processes for material selection to meet program requirements.
- Proficiency in Matlab and/or Python for data reduction and analysis a plus.
- Experience with structural analysis tools including ANSYS, NASTRAN, and/or FEMAP.
- Experience with complex (multi-element) optics and opto-mechanical design a plus.
- Proficiency in working both autonomously and within a team environment.
- Be comfortable in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with Agile Development is a plus.
What you can expect:
Leading-edge Innovation: From photons to final products and effects, you will work to solve the most complex challenges for our tech industry customers and internally developed products.
Building Foundational Values: As a startup undergoing rapid growth, we want you to participate in shaping our culture and creating a fast-paced environment based on tight knit teams. You will be an integral part of building our culture of integrity, teamwork and excellence.
Cross-functional Development with Meaningful Work: Our small team format and diverse programs provide the opportunity to wear many hats. You will develop a comprehensive set of skills and help build our teams for the future.
Your Wellbeing is a Top Priority: Our competitive pay, flexible schedules, and comprehensive benefits enable you to truly live both inside and outside of work.
A Place To Be Your Best: You will be exposed to new and challenging cross-functional areas in a unique way. You will operate from the system level down to the component level to deliver functional systems to the warfighter and advance commercial autonomous systems.
Advanced Technologies with Purpose: Whether it be high energy lasers, autonomous systems or advanced visual perception solutions, you will directly impact the safety and security of our nation. Not only are we aiding the American warfighter, but we are focused on transitioning our technologies to commercial products for a better world.
Commitment to Exploration: We foster innovation, growth and leadership to fuel human curiosity and go beyond today’s horizons. You will be contributing to America’s world status through innovative technologies and future solutions. Join us in the journey.
What it takes to be a successful Adsys Controls employee:
At Adsys Controls we love hard problems. We engage in respectful debate and develop great solutions from these discussions
- Team oriented
At Adsys Controls, we are a small but mighty team. Every member contributes, learns, and grows together. Your contribution is critical to the success of our team.
At Adsys Controls, our team members take initiative, anticipate problems and drive solutions. Staff are encouraged to take ownership, deliver work of the highest quality, and drive communication with peers and management.
At Adsys Controls, we are a research and development, prototyping and product development organization and we love to drive new ideas. We explore new solutions to customer problems and synthesize effective solutions.
- Dogged Problem Solver
At Adsys Controls we love to be challenged and we persevere to see our innovations through to completion. For the Adsys Controls team, the best problems start with “Nobody knows how to do that”. At Adsys Controls we provide solutions to the previously unsolvable.
- Systems Oriented
At Adsys Controls, we start with the objective and build the system to overcome our customer’s toughest obstacle.
- Exceed expectations
At Adsys Controls, we want our customers to say “Wow!” We want to break new ground and exceed expectations for our customer.
Broad selection of Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(K)/RETIREMENT PLANS
Our 401(k) plan features 3% company contributions without vesting schedules.
- PERFORMANCE BASED BONUS SYSTEM
Provide incentive to our staff with generous allocations for staff performance bonuses.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement, career-building programs and advanced degrees.
- MATERNITY LEAVE
Family leave provided in accordance with the family medical leave act. When you return to work, we do our best to support your transition and work/life balance.
- PAID TIME OFF
We offer PTO, paid holidays and personal days and sick leave.
We offer flexible work schedules.
We provide products and services for electro-optical systems, directed energy, unmanned aerial systems, and test systems within military and commercial markets. We deliver solutions leveraging precision control systems, image processing, GN&C, electronics design, modeling & simulation and embedded real time software. From High Energy Laser weapons, to visual perception modules, to threat warning systems to aircraft autopilots, Adsys Controls provides state of the art solutions for sensing, controls and autonomy.
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Adsys Controls is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
Adsys Controls is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.