The IT System Administrator will be responsible for the company IT infrastructure. This includes server management/maintenance, desktop setup, IT processes and procedures, and IT security management. The position will deal with various operating systems to support company backend and program computing needs.
The candidate must be knowledgeable on existing systems as well as willing and able to setup new systems to adapt to a fast-paced growing small business.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Administrative knowledge of Windows and Linux (Ubuntu).
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Samba File Server, SQL, Subversion, Jira and networking.
- Provide installation, support and maintenance services within the company’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware, associated operating systems, applications, printers and peripherals.
- Maintain servers, routers, printers, laptops, PC’s, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco ISR 2800 and 2900 series routers and various Cisco switches and APs.
- Experience with VMs ranging from VMware, VirtualBox, and HyperV.
- Knowledge of various backup methods for VMs, servers, datastores, etc.
- Be able to respond to and resolve a system infected by a malicious program (virus/malware).
- Effective interpersonal, oral communication, written communication, detail-oriented, and relationship-building skills.
- Install, configure, maintain and upgrade computer hardware, operating systems, applications and peripherals.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of problems related to computer hardware, operating systems, applications and peripherals
- Recommend and implement proactive or automated solutions to resolve recurring system related issues.
- Utilize tools to assess the need for performance upgrades to systems.
- Ensure the overall efficient operation of the company’s computing environment.
- Ensure that the computer systems are provided with appropriate network connectivity through existing LAN and wireless LAN.
- Interact with approved hardware, software and services vendors.
- Setup new user accounts with email and provision users for access to Exchange, VPN, SVN (a plus) and print services.
- Perform basic security functions within a Windows-based network, such as: resetting passwords, changing file and directory permissions, enabling or restricting access to network services.Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
Desired/ Preferred Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience with SVN a plus
- CompTIA, Microsoft, or Cisco certification is a plus
- Be available to work late or on weekends if necessary (on-call)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.