Join the Adsys Controls team where you can work with the best, accelerate your career, address complex challenges and grow professionally and personally.
At Adsys Controls, you will provide solutions for precision control systems, advanced optical perception systems, high energy lasers, and unmanned aerial systems for government and commercial markets.
Title: Director of Operations
Type of Job: Full-Time, Exempt
Work Location: Irvine, CA
Experience Level: 15+ years total experience
Clearance Type: US Citizenship Required. Ability to obtain a security clearance required.
We are searching for a Director of Operations to oversee the Adsys Control’s daily business activities. You will be responsible for managing its resources, developing and implementing an operational plan and ensuring that procedures are carried out properly. Additionally, you will regularly evaluate organizational efficiency and makes necessary changes to maximize staff productivity. You will assess the needs of the company and finds ways to contribute to the big picture by ensuring daily operations run smoothly and as efficiently as possible. You should be comfortable working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams on multiple concurrent, cross-functional projects. You should be comfortable operating in a fast paced and highly technical environment. You must be a high energy, self-starter, with strong desire to bring success to assigned projects and other opportunities necessary to realize company growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to grow and enhance the business through operational processes, employee and staff capabilities, and financial performance.
- Analyze current and future trends and needs and accurately assess functional responsibilities, competitive strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures.
- Build and maintain a departmental structure, operating standards and practices that are responsive and adaptable to evolving business needs.
- Co-directs the functions of budgeting, accounting, and reporting; financial counseling of leadership team to appraise operating results in terms of costs, budget, operating policies; evaluate trends and pursue profit opportunities; analyze revenue, profit and cash flow for the business and recommend action when necessary.
- Oversee daily operations of the organization and the work of employees.
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication. Hold staff rigorously accountable for achieving their objectives.
- Evaluate organizational performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings, supervisions, and training to motivate staff for success, promote team building, create professional and technical skill development, and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Assist with technical mentorship, performance assessment, goal setting, and related developmental activities.
- Assist with the hiring and training new team members.
Requirements and Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related STEM field from an accredited university with a minimum of 10 years’ experience. Alternatively, may have BS/BA in Business Administration or relevant field with at least 10+ years in the high-tech industries; MS/MBA is preferred.
- 5+ years of proven experience as Director of Operations or relevant role.
- Proven track record of strategic planning and driving revenue.
- Experience overseeing daily operations of a business.
- Experience creating and refining processes for a high-growth company.
- Strong skills in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating a wide variety of activities.
- Experience building teams and hiring/dismissing.
- Very comfortable with fiscal management policies, analyzing data, making sound recommendations and adopting effective courses of action.
- Excellent understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing, Sales, etc.
- Capable of working persuasively and tactfully with supervisors and employees.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Excited about joining a startup culture and opportunity to shape the direction of fast-growing company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience within defense contracting strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in working both autonomously and within a team environment.
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment.
- The Director of Operations reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to be on call and work hours as required to solve problems that arise with internal and external customers. External customers could be outside the US.
- The environment requires working with a firing laser (which is noisy) and/or working in a manufacturing clean room environment from time to time.
What you can expect:
Leading-edge Innovation: From photons to final products and effects, you will work to solve the most complex challenges for our tech industry customers and internally developed products.
Building Foundational Values: As a startup undergoing rapid growth, we want you to participate in shaping our culture and creating a fast-paced environment based on tight knit teams. You will be an integral part of building our culture of integrity, teamwork and excellence.
Cross-functional Development with Meaningful Work: Our small team format and diverse programs provide the opportunity to wear many hats. You will develop a comprehensive set of skills and help build our teams for the future.
Your Wellbeing is a Top Priority: Our competitive pay, flexible schedules, and comprehensive benefits enable you to truly live both inside and outside of work.
A Place To Be Your Best: You will be exposed to new and challenging cross-functional areas in a unique way. You will operate from the system level down to the component level to deliver functional systems to the warfighter and advance commercial autonomous systems.
Advanced Technologies with Purpose: Whether it be high energy lasers, autonomous systems or advanced visual perception solutions, you will directly impact the safety and security of our nation. Not only are we aiding the American warfighter, but we are focused on transitioning our technologies to commercial products for a better world.
Commitment to Exploration: We foster innovation, growth and leadership to fuel human curiosity and go beyond today’s horizons. You will be contributing to America’s world status through innovative technologies and future solutions. Join us in the journey.
What it takes to be a successful Adsys Controls employee:
At Adsys Controls we love hard problems. We engage in respectful debate and develop great solutions from these discussions
- Team oriented
At Adsys Controls, we are a small but mighty team. Every member contributes, learns, and grows together. Your contribution is critical to the success of our team.
At Adsys Controls, our team members take initiative, anticipate problems and drive solutions. Staff are encouraged to take ownership, deliver work of the highest quality, and drive communication with peers and management.
At Adsys Controls, we are a research and development, prototyping and product development organization and we love to drive new ideas. We explore new solutions to customer problems and synthesize effective solutions.
- Dogged Problem Solver
At Adsys Controls we love to be challenged and we persevere to see our innovations through to completion. For the Adsys Controls team, the best problems start with “Nobody knows how to do that”. At Adsys Controls we provide solutions to the previously unsolvable.
- Systems Oriented
At Adsys Controls, we start with the objective and build the system to overcome our customer’s toughest obstacle.
- Exceed expectations
At Adsys Controls, we want our customers to say “Wow!” We want to break new ground and exceed expectations for our customer.
Broad selection of Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(K)/RETIREMENT PLANS
Our 401(k) plan features 3% company contributions without vesting schedules.
- PERFORMANCE BASED BONUS SYSTEM
Provide incentive to our staff with generous allocations for staff performance bonuses.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
We support our employees through mentoring, internal & external educational programs, networking, skills enhancement, career-building programs and advanced degrees.
- MATERNITY LEAVE
Family leave provided in accordance with the family medical leave act. When you return to work, we do our best to support your transition and work/life balance.
- PAID TIME OFF
We offer PTO, paid holidays and personal days and sick leave.
We offer flexible work schedules.
We provide products and services for electro-optical systems, directed energy, unmanned aerial systems, and test systems within military and commercial markets. We deliver solutions leveraging precision control systems, image processing, GN&C, electronics design, modeling & simulation and embedded real time software. From High Energy Laser weapons, to visual perception modules, to threat warning systems to aircraft autopilots, Adsys Controls provides state of the art solutions for sensing, controls and autonomy.
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Adsys Controls is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
Adsys Controls is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.